Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Heli Season!!

We're in the thick of our busy season, but I'll try to update this a bit more regularly. Anyways, here are a bunch of pics from Valdez from Late February through Mid-March. I've been working for Valdez Heli-Camps and occationaly they let me get out and catch a few turns. I haven't been on the heli yet, but it should happen before the season's up. Usually I get to play in the cat and last week Sandy and I were able to get out together...quite a treat!!

The first set of pictures are a mix of cat skiing and around town. We had about two weeks of snow and clouds and then one day after waiting and waiting, the sun arrived. It was just flat out amazing. Don't get me wrong, I love my snow, but close to 16 days of gray can get a bit old.



After a couple weeks in Valdez I headed over to Girdwood and met up with Sandy and Mako. A couple sunny days later we packed up and drove over to Valdez and caught Thompson Pass at sunset. With the days getting longer we were able to sneak out after a work day to catch a couple turns after a short hike. We went up on the other side of the water from Valdez and took in the sites from a different view.

No comments: