Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Twenty Mile





The other day Mako and I were able to escape Girdwood for a little walk up Twenty Mile River, which is almost across the street from the Wildlife Conservation Center.  It was a bit chilly, so we didn't go too far, but we caught some clear skies for the sunset.  It's been a little while since I've been out with the camera and it quickly turned into a Mako photo shoot.   


We walked along the bank of the river which was covered in gray snow drifts from the glacial silt.  The ice creates a mangled scene with the tide breaking it up twice a day.  Hopefully we'll get out more and take advantage of the current clear skies and moon cycle coming up.  














She's ready to head in about here.  The wind was starting to pick up and I followed her lead back to the car. 

No comments: